Today marked the 8-week period. I had another appointment with the surgeon and things pretty much remained the same. He put some different bands on (I think) that are basically just going to be used to guide my bite, according to him. He plans on leaving these on for two weeks.
The exciting news comes from the fact that he said at 10 weeks, he is going to clear me to eat just about anything I want. My diet now is largely consisting of eggs and pudding. I haven't gotten to the point where I've made egg pudding...yet.
The main issue I have is with how often these bands break. They're pretty low caliber, and the ones I had one previous to these were breaking about every 2 days. On top of that, I had to try and be an orthodontist myself and put them back on. I would say I was pretty successful (for the most part) at hooking those bands back on myself considering I don't have the tools of terror to use at my disposal like the orthos/surgeons do. Maybe I should reconsider my career path......
So there really is not much new going on. Doug and I are planning on having a food day when I am fully cleared to eat food. So I've got two more weeks to look forward to that blessed day of blessed food in which Chinese food, Mexican food, Canadian food, and American food will be bountiful.
Until then, stay classy.
No comments:
Post a Comment