So over the past 48 hours, I've moved on from being a broken jaw patient, to a "normal" human being undergoing orthodontic treatments (i.e. braces).
I'm really going to miss being able to say I have two broken jaws. Kind of crazy what a good conversational piece that is! I got bored, however, telling people that I just had surgery, so sometimes I would just invent stories to keep others on their toes. It was a fun game to play for awhile.
I finally went home today and saw people who had known me for years with the under-bite the way it was and they were amazed at how "different" I look. Being at school, with some who had only known me for a couple of years, I didn't get as many comments about me looking totally different. I hadn't even thought about taking pictures or uploading new ones to check for MYSELF how different I look. I just keep looking at my post surgery pics (the fat bastard ones) and thank the good Lord that I don't look like that anymore!
Two things that I don't believe I mentioned previously that definitely deserve some attention, however.
1). One of the things that I missed the most while I had my jaws wired shut/closed was that I couldn't sing in the car! My sister sent me some new music that I was listening to, and I couldn't sing along with it. That drove me absolutely nuts because that's what keeps me from getting bored when I drive, is singing along to the tracks as I go. What a relief.
2). My whistling ability has seriously been damaged. I am sure my roommates have gotten sick of hearing me practicing my whistling (or maybe I've been good about doing it when I'm home alone). I used to be able to whistle with my fingers and do it crazy loud, but I can barely do it at all anymore. I've got a lot of work to do! No time to waste!
C). I finally get to eat my Christmas candy! I totally forgot I had some!
4). My best good friend Douglas and I are going to have an official food date this weekend. Both of us have been limited in what we have been able to eat due to various mouth procedures, but I believe the plan is, this weekend, to get some pizza, wings, chips and a sub and enjoy each other's friendship and ability to chew food again.
__________________________________________________________________________________
This is like a bonus track. I found this humbaby in my drafts that never got published. So, enjoy this gem! Unless it did get published somehow...oh well, deal with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment