Friday, January 13, 2012

The Final Countdown!

So it's been 4 weeks since my surgery. My mom mentioned something about how it seemed impossible that 4 weeks had gone by already. Well, mother, let me assure you. Yes, it is possible. It is very possible. If anything, it has seemed like 4 months. Hopefully on Tuesday I will get my wires cut and have a little more freedom!

Now, to be honest, I'm not sure what to expect exactly. The Doctor told me that I should start taking my pain medication again the day before I go in to get my wires cut because when he puts the bands on, I'm going to be quite sore, most likely. I really am not too worried about that anymore. I just want these wires out. I'm sick of being paranoid every 20 seconds that I'm going to somehow move my jaw, break my wires, and need to stay wired for another 4 years. So really, anything out of these wires will probably be plus, even if that means some pain.

I've also been sick and tired of the stomach issues that have seemingly come along with having this "liquid diet". I have, however, found a way to cheat and have started to eat a slice of bread per day. It's a pretty tedious process, but I think it has helped to settle my stomach some. I have some space between my upper and lower teeth, and basically flatten the bread into really thing pieces and feed it through that space and swallow. I think my stomach enjoys having something solid in it. I'm really looking forward to eating soft foods, like eggs and pudding (without having half of it winding up on my face). I'll certainly give another update when I get my wires cut and another when I find out when I can/can't do and eat/can't eat still.

I'm still debating on what I want my first meal to be....I'm gonna have to come up with a killer plan.

Here are a couple of 4 week post-op photos!


^I'm actually trying to smile somewhat in this photo. I still come across as kind of angry. Looks like I'm not making any new friends at college this semester! If you also see a bigger version of this picture, you can tell I have drooled whatever I was trying to consume on my chin, and the shine from Vaseline that I have to keep on my lips to keep from damaging them. I still think I have some swelling going on on the left side of my face too.

What a beard.


~Stay classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment