Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Soundtrack of my Experience

Here, you, my loyal readers, will see the list of songs that I feel match up to my experience thus far (thank you to my Oregonian sister for the inspiration!)

1. Jawbone - by The Band
I thought the opening lines of this song were especially poignant...

"Oh, Jawbone, when did you first go wrong?
Oh, Jawbone, where is it you belong?"

2. Broken Jaw - Foster the People
Again, pretty solid opening line..."All the words come out my broken jaw"

3. Like a Surgeon - Weird Al Yankovic
"Better give me all your gauze nurse
This patient's fading fast
Complications have set in
Don't know how long he'll last"...we can only hope this wasn't said about me while I was on the table...

4. Rehab - Amy Winehouse

Substitute the word "rehab" with wired shut for another 3 weeks. It fits, you just have to sing a tad faster. Although, with two remaining bottles of liquid Vicodin, ya never know...

5. Ain't Nobody Home - B.B. King

Strange people come to my door in my current condition? Phone rings? I ain't answering it! Ain't Nobody Home for you!!!

6. No Beard, No Good - The Beards

"No beard? No good. There's not enough beards in my neighborhood!" I haven't shaved in going on 3 weeks now and my beard is coming in thick and manly for once! This means its time for you to step up your game, Mr. Doug Morgan! NO BEARD? NO GOOD!

7. Feels Like the First Time - Boston

I'm going to try and make sure that this song is playing when I go to eat my first solid food when that time comes. I'm also going to try and do it in slow motion so it seems as if it were part of a movie...

8. Long Time - Boston

Back to back Boston songs? Say whaaaa? This will be playing in my head when I get unwired..."You'll forget about me after I've been gone". No, wires. I won't. I assure you of that.

9. A Long December - Counting Crows

Yes. It was a "Long December". It also helps that I love this song.

10. I've Seen Better Days - Everlast

Well, I don't think it is a lie to say I HAVE seen better days. But I'm on the upswing!

I'll come back and update this list with my last 10 selections.

No comments:

Post a Comment