For starters, let me say, Any "That's What she Said" jokes are null and void throughout the section in which I talk about straws. Just FYI. I wrote this post with that in mind....but it was impossible to avoid some of those pitfalls. So, while hilarious, please, let us all be mature still.
It's been one week. One long, hellish week. I'm really banking on telling myself that the Dr. is going to take these wires off after 4 weeks. I'm just going to keep telling myself that because 3 more weeks seems somewhat doable. 5 more weeks...not as much.
I've lost about 12 pounds since Sunday when I last weighed myself. I had put on some extra weight in the couple of weeks leading up to surgery because I told myself that A.) I was going to need it so my body could lose that weight easier and B.) because I knew I was going to miss food a lot I wanted to eat everything. And I mean everything.
Well, I don't miss food a lot. I miss it a gajillion billion million times more than a lot. Every time I watch TV now the ads for restaurants stick out more than ever...I never really realized them. And in a crueler twist of fate, the entire area of Auburn seems to be getting more TV Ad time now...where is my orthodontist and surgeon located? Auburn....ugh! As soon as I'm able, I'm going after some of these places with a vengeance.
My eating right now basically consists of Boost/Ensure shakes, chicken and beef broth and milked or watered down/blendered/scooped out soups. I had a modified form of clam chowder the other day that wasn't too bad. Everything I eat though has to be out of a straw right now. I really don't have feeling still in my bottom chin/lip area so drinking anything is still a challenge. I also can't put the straw in the middle of my mouth as it is still too sore for me to suck through that way, so I have to jam it into the side of my cheek and find a small space to suck through there.
My favorite treat that I have gotten so far has been some melted down milkshakes from McDonals. YUM! Anybody passing through a McDonalds and wanna buy me a milkshake, that's cool.
The last couple of days have been kind of tough in terms of sleeping. I haven't been able to get to bed until around 5 and 6 a.m. I just really can't get comfortable/shut my brain off. It's made me kind of miserable the last couple of days. But it has also been really nice to hear from some of my friends who have been checking in on me - it really does mean a lot to me. Anytime you wanna send me a text or facebook me i'd love to hear from you it would make me smile...well, to an extent.
I get really bored during the days and basically just watch netflix or my ESPN 30 for 30. So expect some movie/film reviews in the next couple of days. Also, on Tuesday, I have my next appointment with my Doctor. But in between there, I believe there is something important....but I just can't remember right now. Oh yea. CHRISTMAS! I'm sure there will be some interesting moments to update from there!
Until then, stay classy.
No comments:
Post a Comment