Thursday, December 29, 2011

Livin' on a prayer...

2 weeks down! Hard to believe I am technically halfway done with being wired shut...at least, that's what I'm gonna keep telling myself. There is the possibility that I end up having to go something like 6 weeks or 8 weeks. But I'm gonna try and stay positive and tell myself it is only for 4 weeks like it should be! After the 4 weeks are up I'm still going to be "banded" however. Basically, they're going to put rubber bands on my teeth to make sure my bite stays correct. I'm still not 100% clear on that whole process yet, but hopefully at my next Tuesday appointment, it'll be made a little more clear to me.

I am definitely starting to feel more like myself again. I noticed that earlier this week. I want to be able to get out and do stuff and I want to eat, which are both things that I did NOT want to do previously. So I would say I am starting to get used to this whole being wired thing, more or less. I'm still interested to see if I'm still wired when I go back to school and see people I know...that could be interesting.

My swelling has gone wayyy down. I still have some in my cheeks, but the doctor has said he is pretty amazed at how quickly the swelling has gone down. I am still pretty numb in my chin, however. I do think that all that feeling will come back eventually because A). I can feel it a little bit more when the doctor pokes me with something sharp there B). It hurts when I pull on my chin hair. That has to mean I have some nerves still working in there, right?

I do, however, have a pretty awesome double chin thing going on now. That is something I had never really thought of before...I'm not sure if that is still swelling, or if I just have a permanent double chin now that I am going to have to work off! Time will tell....

Here is my new face!!!






and just so you can reference...


No comments:

Post a Comment