So in a little under 12 hours from now, a Doctor is going to be gnashing through my jaw bones and then welding them back together. I know in the long run it's going to be worth it, but in the short run, it's gonna suck. I think the thing, honestly, that I am most nervous about is just waking up from the surgery. I'm sure I'm gonna be bandaged up but I also think there is going to be a lot of blood. It's going to be a blood bath in there.
This final day has been spent on eating my very favorite foods: Grilled cheese for lunch, Spaghetti for dinner. I'm a simple soul to please. But i guess I should be honest - this entire past month has been me eating my favorite foods under the rationale "hey, I'm not going to be eating anything solid for 4 weeks, that'll help me lose x amount of pounds, so I might as well put on weight!". In hindsight, that was probably poor planning and a poor rationale. But it sure tasted great.
I'm not really sure what it's going to be like in the hospital. I've never had to stay overnight in one (that I can remember). Rumor has it that I'll be put in the ICU after surgery and possibly overnight. That could be fun. I imagine they don't give out roommates in the ICU unit...that would be kind of odd. But who knows, if they do, maybe I will meet a new best friend!!!
I should be back home sometime on Friday and I imagine I will try to update this thing then. I'm also not sure what the whole cell-phone situation is going to be, but if you want details and you can't wait, you can try texting me.
If you don't hear back from me at some point on Friday, you should probably assume I am dead. I have already given out promises on my casette tape collection, but everything else is up for grabs. I have a really great special features MacGruber DVD that has a whole 2 deleted scenes, so you better speak up quick.
Until then everybody...hope I don't die!
Also - any questions you want me to address, facebook me!
~Kevin/Tug
No comments:
Post a Comment